Sunday 23 November 2014

Do you need a boost?| Volumising hair tutorial

I love my hair. The colour, the softness.. but not the thin fine hair itself. I'm one of those gals who go to great efforts into trying to get texture and volume in my hair, because lets face it; sometimes we just need a boost!

Today, I'm going to show you how I get a bit more volume back into my hair, using drug store products.


Today I used Herbal Essences 'Uplifting Volume' shampoo and conditioner. I've never tried this one before, and my my my it smells divine! That is if you like oranges of course! I tend not to stick to just one hair care brand as I find my hair can 'get used' to that one product and then it doesn't seem to work as well. *sigh*


Step one: Wash and towel dry your hair! Twit-twoot!

Step two: Now my hair isn't particularly frizzy, but at times I find it to be a bit too.. fluffy? This Frizz Ease smells lovely and makes my hair nice and sleek at the ends without weighing it down. An added bonus is that it has heat protection in it! Apply 2-3 pumps to your finger tips, and evenly distribute throughout your hair focussing on the middle to end lengths.

Step three: Okay! I know this looks a bit weird but it is a very important step! Tip your head upside down and blow dry downwards. I use my tangle teaser as it detangles my hair without pulling and I would highly recommend getting one! (See below to find out where you can get these products).

 WOAH! haha!

 So as you can see we have a small amount of volume going on here, if you want to stop here by all means do. I, however, am going to add some texture to my hair as it seems to hold volume better...
 Step four: I have been using this Bouffe dry shampoo for the last few weeks, and at first was not sure. Having used it multiple times now I do like it a lot, you just have to be careful not to put too much in (as it can feel dry and weird?!). I recommend using this in short sharp bursts at the roots! It comes in most peoples hair colours too, which means no weird white hair!

To finish off, I use the tangle teaser and rub my roots in circular motions. This is similar to backcombing but I feel it is less harsh. Then add hairspray if you want lasting hold!

For my hair, this is as good as it really gets!

Do you have any styling advice to add extra volume? What's your routine?

Herbal Essences Volume Shampoo and Conditioner
Frizz Ease Serum
Tangle Teaser
Bouffe Dry Shampoo (Dark Blonde)

Love Claudia xx

2 comments:

  1. This is so clever never knew of this hair drying technique! Definitely going to start using this. Sometimes I use vo5 volume hair boost spray which does quite a good job. Used to use tresemme foam but made my hair quite dry.
    Thanks clauds love u , ujal xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've used that V05 spray before and I totally agree, it is a good one and keeps your hair hydrated too xx

      Delete