Thursday 1 January 2015

New Year, New You?| Welcoming 2015

Happy New Year!

I hope you have all rested well over the festive season and been surrounded by your loved ones.

As we all know its the time of the year where we all set goals for ourselves to stop bad habits, be healthier, be kinder, be more confident etc etc..... to basically try and better ourselves either in little ways or big.

The trouble is, is that most of us will be in the chocolate cupboard within a week and the gym membership will be cancelled by February. Is it really worth trying to go on a fad diet to just give up a few months down the line? The reality is that we are HUMAN! We can make mistakes. If you fall off the band wagon.. get up..brush yourself down- put two fingers up to the people who laugh at you and carry on where you set off.
What I'm trying to say is you're allowed a burger or chocolate bar every now and again! Just remember how far you've come and make it a lifestyle choice, not a 'diet'.
My resolution this year will be to a) put me first, because you can only make others happy if you are happy in yourself and b) to choose to have a healthier lifestyle, make it a routine instead of an 'effort' that lasts all of three months.
To me it will be about being realistic, if I want to do some baking- that's fine! I'll just make a 'better for you' version. I'll try and eat less but more often throughout the day and if I'm hungry try and fill up on protein rather than carbs. Little steps, but sometimes you need to walk before you run.

Which leads me to exercise- which is all part of a healthy lifestyle. I used to hate, hate, hate with a passion, exercising. Not because of the actual exercise, I actually enjoy sport, but because of the way it made me look. It isn't because I'm vein, it was to do with what other people thought of me. When I went for a run, I would be totally out of breath, bright red, sweaty and wanting to stop after 5 minutes. I would be constantly thinking about people looking at me, wondering if they were thinking how unfit I was, how disgusting I looked and I just felt so embarrassed.
BUT everyone has to start somewhere. I decided to start putting myself first, persevere, and I'm slowly starting to be able to run longer.. I still feel embarrassed and totally aware of myself when I workout but I just keep reminding myself that this is the whole reason I workout- and if I'm looking like this then it just shows I'm working hard.

So what I guess I'm saying is try and make a new years resolution that you will stick to and if you really want it to happen, you can make it happen.

Let me know what your realistic resolutions are? Are you going to put yourself first?

Love you all and lets hope this new year brings happiness to us all.
Love Claudia xx

Follow me on:
Instagram
Twitter
Pinterest



No comments:

Post a Comment